Pages

21 February 2008

Butterfly Sparkle

I finally made another piece of jewellery last night! I actually sat down and got everything out and made something! I am very pleased with myself. Unfortunately I cant show you til tomorrow as I havent had a chance to take a picture yet. I will try and describe it for you - you can let me know how accurate my description was when you see the pic!
At first glance you see a pretty pink butterfly, this was adapted from a pair of earrings found in Dorothy Perkins of all places. I have put this butterfly onto a memory wire choker that fits perfectly around your neck. I have used pink seed beads to co-ordinate with the pink butterfly and accented this with small silver seed beads and black chakri discs. The black beads bring everything alive and bring your eye down towards the butterfly. The silver really adds extra sparkle to the necklace which could be worn either for daytime as a fun piece with jeans and t-shirt or to add something special to an evening dress. It would really light up and catch people's attention when worn with black. The colour pink in the necklace is vibant and warm.
I have been waiting to use this butterfly for a long time and am pleased with the result. You are just going to have to wait another day to see it!

No comments: