Pages

07 April 2009

Featuring Flowers

I would like to begin this month with a blog post I hope to continue with. This time I am featuring other artists who have grabbed my attention with their flowery work - the theme being flowers!
Firstly I have come across a few different artists on the website http://www.deviantart.com/ and I would like to point out two whose work is really lovely.


Katty Kins

These beautiful roses are handmade and would look perfect on a charm bracelet, key ring, mobile phone charm, necklace, bag charm.... anything!


You can find more work by KattyKinns at http://kattykins.deviantart.com/ and her Etsy shop is http://www.kattykinns.etsy.com/


As she says her work is individual and one of a kind, you would be sure to step into spring with a bunch of these roses.


Albur Lily

The next artist is one that I also found on Deviant Art and I am particularly drawn to her Autumn Dusk bracelet. You can check it out at the link and you will soon see why I like it so much. The vivid purple really stands out against the other beads and the clasp really sets off the design. Albur Lily has other designs on Deviant Art that cover a whole range of different skills, crafts and mediums.


Snapping Rosie

This charming rose has been captured by Rosie Wibberley, a photographer based on the Isle of Wight. You can find more of her photographer on her website and you can purchase some of her prints from her Deviant Art profile. The stark colour against the very black background really caught my eye when browsing her work. The edges of the rose are really crisp in contrast to the blackness but the softness of the rose is still captured.


Photobeads

I have also come across this website that has some really cute flower beads. They would really look great as they do on their suggested projects or on a new design. They look very natural and appealing to the eye, they are simple yet stand out.


RachelleD

Last but not least, I would like to introduce another artist whose work I found on http://www.etsy.com/. All RachelleD's work features beautiful, brightly coloured flowers.
This amazing example shows just how attractive her jewellery is. Each item is individual with a striking personality to suit your own. These have certainly captured me and I am inspired by the designs.
Her work can be found for sale at her Etsy shop where I am sure you can find something appealing.
I hope you enjoyed browsing these artists work as much as I have done, I would like to continue to bring you the work of other artists as well as my own. The designs are inspiring and hopefully add some brightness to your day.
Links:

1 comment:

Albur Lily said...

Gosh, thanks so much for the feature and also many thanks for directing me over to so many talented people!