Pages

31 March 2009

Aveeno Review



Over the past few weeks I have been trying out The Aveeno Moisturising Range sent to me by Aveeno Skincare Solutions. I do not suffer from particularly dry skin but I do love my skin to be soft and smooth. I was keen to test out the Aveeno products as they claimed contain naturally active ingredients, designed specifically for all types of dry skin. The colloidal oatmeal is such a natural ingredient that the Daily Moisturising Lotion contains. This was my favourite of the two products I tried for the following reasons:
Although it took a while to soak into my skin, it almost seemed to melt into it.
The lotion was not greasy and once absorbed into the skin left it feeling fresh and clean.
My skin felt smooth, even after the first application of the lotion, and stayed this way for most of the day. I did reapply the lotion in the evening but only as I was testing the product. Again the lotion took a while to soak into the skin but it didn't leave any residue or make my skin greasy or sticky.
The lotion also lasted well overnight and kept the moisture locked into my skin. I didn't need to use it as often as I did as it worked very well at keeping my skin soft.


The Aveeno Moisturising Cream is a thicker, creamier version of the lotion and I did prefer the lotion out of the two. The cream definitely did what it said on the tube, it kept my skin soft and smooth. I just preferred the lightness of the lotion for all over body use. I found the cream to better suited for hands and feet.
I would recommend the lotion and handcream to anyone really, as I said I do not have very dry skin but it did benefit my skin anyway.

No comments: