Pages

09 November 2008

November 2008

After my first jewellery party in 2007, I had some idea of what to expect, but my last jewellery party, earlier this month, just proves that every day is different.
I had a lot of interest into the jewellery party, many people had not actually come across one before so I was able to reach out to new potential customers. On the actual day of the party, I was surprisingly nervous and spent quite a bit of time preparing myself and getting things looking just right.
As people began to arrive I felt much better about the party and started to enjoy it a bit more. I had decided this year to lay out a selection of my beads and charms for guests to browse through and choose items to have made into custom designs. This idea really worked well and I took as many orders as I did sell actual pieces.
I feel that this years jewellery party was a success in that I found some new customers and I took many orders. I did enjoy the evening as it went on and found that quite a few existing customers remained.
As winter is approaching, Halloween and Bonfire night is behind us, the evenings are getting darker and colder. I have been somewhat lazy with making new pieces and especially lazy with photographing. That is why now I have many photographed pieces to show you.... I have pulled my finger out and got on with it!

No comments: