Pages

28 January 2008

Catch Up

After such a long time with no new updates, I will now be writing an essay! Quite alot has happened over the past six months, both in my jewellery business and personal life. I got married in June so much of the year running up to that was spent rushing around planning the one day. It all turned out perfectly in the end and we enjoyed a relaxing week in the Maldives as our honeymoon.
As for the jewellery business, I displayed my work at an Art Show in Cowes on the Isle of Wight in August last year. Despite it being a quiet event I managed to sell a few pieces. I made back the cost of the table and gained a few prospective customers too, so it wasnt a wasted day.
I built up my stock and had a Jewellery Party in November last year which was a great success. It was a very laid back event, it was mainly friends so they all knew they didnt have to buy anything: but many did! I took quite a few orders too, that I completed in time for christmas.
I went along to a Bead Fair in Surrey on December 1st, and built up my inventory stock. I picked up some lovely new beads and findings. I am looking forward to using them.
In early December I found some new customers in my work colleagues. They were all very impressed with my work and bought many items as christmas gifts.
During the past month I have added new photos to both my website (www.freewebs.com/shootingstar27) and my Facebook group (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2231497660). I also have a store on the website Etsy.com (www.shootingstar27.etsy.com). I have had some views but I don't seem to have as much time as everyone else on there to post on the forums every 10 minutes! I have also had some nice comments on my items.
Overall I have been pretty busy. Hopefully the next few months will continue to be busy and I will try to update more regularly. I will post some photos of my new items later in the week.

No comments: